8.23.2010

It's all a game. That I have no turn in.

Dating goes against everything we've been taught; were told as young kids to go out and get what we want. To fight for what we deserve.. But in dating you can only go half way, because the other half of success lays in someone elses Palms.. And they then also have power over our emotions.
It's an instant self esteem crusher; and people don't avoid it, because as humans we all need companionship of some kind; rather it be actual human companionship, a pet, or an object, every human needs it. And when you lose that companionship, is when your heart breaks and you feel your lowest. Even if it wasn't a "serious" relationship.
For example, if I want to be a doctor when I grow up, every step to that process is in my hands. That's the job I'd LOVE to have and ONLY I can shape it the way I want it to go...
BUT with dating, were limited to how far were allowed to go with our "dream."
Say I start working with this nice guy at work. We become friends then I start to get really attracted to him, and figure I'll give him a chance.. I can make all the moves I want on the board, but if he doesn't make enough to be even with mine, games over. I can't continue on playing, now matter how bad I want to. It's their turn; they need to roll the dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment